This is the most recent issue I came to know from one of my colleague. After moving a single file from source to destination the list went crazy.
Column shows no data
There was a requirement to move some files / items from List A to List B. And we used the most recommended way by using content and structure.
- Source list: List A
- Destination list: List B
- Structure of both the list are same with same column name
- Moved a single item from List A to List B
- From List B opened a moved item
- It showed blank / no data for some of the columns
- Checked old items and found the same thing
- Total 3 columns affected Name, Manager’s name and status
- List A and List B both has these 2 columns
- List A contains all of these with “Single line of text” category.
- While List B contains person or group for name and manager’s name and choice category for stats column
- Also in List B found duplication of these columns with different category
- And here is the catch, columns having the same name but with different category showed blank / no data
- To make sure that the affected column shows wrong category, renamed one of the duplicated column
- Found the same column showed up in all three forms (newform, dispform and editform)
- Renamed it back to original one
- Removed them directly from list settings