Yesterday we had an issue reported by a few users that the InfoPath form library would just not open on a few desktops only, for the sake of information all other users and the effected ones were using IE 8 and InfoPath 2010. There was no difference in the environments.
What would happen is if you open a form from a Sharepoint library it would download in infopath and throw an error message as “A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program. ” and give you a close this program button.
We started troubleshooting
- We checked for the IE 32 and 64 bit then recent patch installed.
According to a lot of links in internet they recommend KB2760406 and http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-infopath/kb2760406-infopath-error-after-update/58631190-8bc1-401a-921c-b6351474350b but this patch wasn’t installed on our clients machine.
- Checked the event viewer and got the error as
- Faulting Module Name: IPEDITOR.DLL version14.0.7010.1000
We also doubted the IPEDITOR.DLL to run a repair by running SFC / Scannow that did not help.
- Finally we found the KB 2817603
Query parameters are lost when you open a new form in InfoPath 2010
Although we did not have the KB 2553210 which causes this issue we were still able to resolve the issue.
This resolution seems like a mystery to me but has saved our lifes, posting it so you guys can use it and also make me understand if possible why did this work J